2013...Not my year so far thats for sure

I posted a quite deep and dark post on here towards the end of last year around October, November time when I was going through a really bad phase. Through the help and support of friends and family I managed to get myself fully out of the funk and in a great place. But life can change and as we all know at times its like being on a roller-coaster. Full of up's and down's. And unfortunately nothing in my life has prepared myself for the start of 2013 which I have had. It's been shock after shock after shock and I have had to pretty much deal with every single emotion that you could think of in life.

Everybody says these things "come in 3's", everyone says that "things can only get better from here". Well after 5 different things that have occurred in just over a month, both those statements don't particularly ring true lets be honest. Those that are close to me know what i have had to deal with, and I can't exactly blast it on here to be honest, but lets just say a movie could be made on whats been going on! The key is to come out of all of these experiences with your head high and with positives.

The main positive I have had is that I am so open to talk about my problems. I have learnt that when you bottle everything up it makes things a million times worse to deal with and just ends up eating away at you. When you shut yourself off from people and become a bit of a recluse, it again will mess with your mind. The mind is seriously a dangerous thing and when you can't stop it from working, it can be hard to deal with. I could name so many of my friends that have been there every step of the way. They have listened over and over again to everything that was going on and never ever passed judgement on the situation, just listened. Those listening skills are so key to any relationship, whether its family, friends or a loved one, something which i pride myself to do for all the people close in my life.

A great quote one of my friends sent me yesterday:

"It's about getting up one more time than being knocked down"

(Boozey 2013 - his nickname and sure the quote is from a famous philosopher of some sort)

This is such a great quote though and so true. If someone or something causes you to be knocked down, why give them the satisfaction of seeing you stay down. Get up and comeback stronger and its what I am trying desperately hard to do.

I'm going to post some more quotes on here to end this short post off that are important to me.

"You only live once"

"What goes around comes around" (karma)

"You are confined only by the walls you build yourself"
"Take risks: If you win you will be happy. If you lose you will be wise"

"Learn from yesterday - Live for Today - Hope for tomorrow"

"Happiness is when what you think, what you say and what you do are in harmony" (Gandhi)

"Work for a cause NOT for applause. Live life to express, NOT to impress. Don't strive to make your presence noticed, just make your absence felt"

"Always laugh when you can, it is a cheap medicine"

"The soul always knows what to do to heal itself. The challenge is to silence the mind"

"No matter how hard the past, you can always BEGIN AGAIN"

And the last one.....

"The trick is to ENJOY LIFE. Don't wish away your days, waiting for better ones ahead."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Contact Lens Job - Amazing how its shot

Shipwrecked - where it all began

Working on ITV Jackpot247