Using lessons learnt from LA - plus Jai Kudo Eyewear shoot

Hi Guys,

My apologies for it being a month since my last post. To be honest there hasn't been too much to report in the past month so not too much to write about. Unfortunately for guys the industry has been pretty quiet the last month or so. This happens from time to time and is part and parcel of modelling. It's not like I'm not used to this, after being in the industry for over 6 years now, but I still find it frustrating, however there is very little I can do about it. I did slip at one point and started to blame others and outside influences for this, but at the end of the day its these times that you need to knuckle down and think outside the box.

When I was in LA, I had to search for work myself, contact people, search websites, network etc etc. It was the only way I could of survived out there (not literally of course). Recently I put this to the test over here and the last week or so I have started to have some success by not just relying on agencies to get me work. At the end of the day no one will work harder to get work for you than yourself. Its as simple as that. So, as of last week (I know its very early days right now)I have been ensuring that each and everyday I have been doing something to start getting more work and to look for opportunities to start developing my work.

JAI KUDO EYEWEAR SHOOT

I have worked for this company before, in 2008! They remembered me from before and I had a great relationship with them during that shoot and fortunately learnt very quickly that it is important to maintain good relationships with clients because you never know when they will contact you again for work. This was a case and when they contacted my agency looking for a guy for a shoot and they saw I was on their books, that was it. It was absolutely perfect. They are some of the nicest clients I have ever worked for before, a family feel to them and very easy to shoot with as well.

Apparently I have the face for glasses as it is the 3rd glasses company I have worked with since I started modelling. The shoot itself was in a penthouse at the top of a new build in South East London with views of the entire river and the city. It was absolutely beautiful bar the typical cold British weather that we were having in May!!! Ridiculous isn't it?!?! A very simple style, with the backdrop of the city, the shoot was very relaxing and just required a few stern bluesteals in there ;-). A few of the shots I was cosying up to my "pretend" girlfriend in, who was very nice, laid back and easy to work with. Now I know so many ask me about models I work with blah blah blah, but the best ones are the ones where there is no tension, are confident, friendly and easy going. Fortunately I have been lucky and worked with quite a lot of girls like that, which makes life so much easier. This girl, Lamie, was just like that and made the shoot nice and easy.

Best bonus from the shoot is getting 2 pairs of glasses from it!!! Touch!


Next stop for me is starting Acting lessons and getting my presenting showreel refreshed as well to start giving me more and more opportunities to get things moving. I'm 29 now and need to really attempt to kick on with work and make some opportunities happen and when they do to never let go of them. Next update I hope to have something exciting on the horizon. Fingers crossed.

Hope you are all well

James


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Contact Lens Job - Amazing how its shot

Shipwrecked - where it all began

Working on ITV Jackpot247