Rest, Rehab and Recovery



Its been a week since I wrote anything and in all honesty it's because there hasn't been much going on in my life at all. Time is just ticking along at the moment and not much is going on. After a while of not knowing whether your coming or going, it becomes very difficult to motivate myself to start looking ahead to the future. I have been saving money to ensure I give myself the best chance to last longer when I get to LA, so I have not been going out as much either. I guess when your used to that lifestyle of going out, spending money, being extravagant, it can become hard to adapt to a different lifestyle. But that's life, and no one said it was suppose to be easy.

Anyways...importantly I had my operation on Thursday, a successful arthroscopy that helped fix my torn cartilage on both sides of my knee. It also showed that I have still got damage to my cruciate ligament, though it is still intact and theres a potential that I can help rebuild it through physio sessions. This is great news and it could mean I won't need to have another operation which would be absolutely amazing. It would solve a lot of problems and mean that I could start planning to go back to LA. So, great news!

But before I can get ahead of myself I need to rest up a lot and make sure I am doing the right rehab, which requires a lot of pain and physio work. When I say pain, I mean it trust me! I have to work on bending my leg, something that I struggle to do at the minute and every time I try to bend it more it becomes the hardest thing ever. So, a lot of work is needed and the more I can get done the better and the faster I can be back up and running again.

The resting up part has been the hardest thing so far and its only been 3 days! Boring, frustrating and feeling lonely is certainly some of my many emotions that I am going through right now. But with the support of my friends, family and knowing my girlfriend is always thinking of me helps me along the way. I haven't seen her for 2 months now and still don't know when we will next see each other, but through a lot of hard work, great communication and so many more factors, we are coping well and know we have to do what it takes to ensure everything is right for the future.

A new week around the corner and an improved motivation will start to get things moving and start looking into some more presenting opportunities in London for the next few months, so watch this space...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Contact Lens Job - Amazing how its shot

Shipwrecked - where it all began

Working on ITV Jackpot247