Nivea Commercial

As promised from my last post, I would do one in a bit of detail about the Nivea Commercial which I shot almost 2 weeks ago. Commercials are always more exciting than shoots, and they always require a much bigger crew too and this was no different.

THE CASTING

Starting from the beginning the casting. Something that all models/actors have to go through the majority of times in order to book a job. I had only just made this casting and was the last person they saw for the job. My role was "the boyfriend" and I had the character of being very fun and playful (I think true to real life....just nod and agree ha). The scene I was in required a water bomb thrown at me and I had to do my reaction to that. Went over this 4 times in the casting and that was it, on my way out the room.

Now with commercials, you rarely get the clients in the room, especially on a first casting and with the development of technology now a days, clients don't need to be there. The clients will get sent the videos of each and every person at the casting, which makes it very easy for them to pick and choose who they like.

THE FITTING

Fittings will often take place for big commercials as they need to ensure that all the clothes they provide fits well and if anything needs adjusting they will make sure that gets done straight away. It also gives the clients the chance to decide what outfit they prefer. What was great about the fitting was that I was given the chance to meet the director and the producer for the shoot too. They were so unbelievably friendly and really makes such a difference on jobs. I know some people have a pre conception on this industry at times that everyone is rude and unfriendly, but this certainly isn't the case and wasn't the case at all.

THE JOB

One of the things that is frustrating at times is being given an early call time for a commercial, but then not used for hours and hours. When you are working with a girl model, they always take longer, A LOT LONGER, having their hair and make up done. Now girls before you jump down my neck, this is just the way it is, doesn't mean you are not all beautiful of course.
Anyways...this job was different and I was given a call time of 12pm which was such a result as it meant a nice lie in and I would feel a lot more awake for the job. Arrived and instantly looked after by production and was amazed by how many people there were on set! There were seriously people absolutely everywhere and you instantly know this is a professional job and will be a good one to shoot. I walked through the location, a house in south London, and got introduced to the clients, all 7 of them! All women too, but all were very friendly as well. Thats always the nervous part when you meet them on the job and you haven't seen them in person at the casting. I always think to myself that what if they think I look completely different to how I did at the casting....I'm weird like that ha ha. All good though, they seemed like they recognized me from the casting video!


A bit of waiting around and all of a sudden its time for lunch already! Perfect timing as I tuck into some good food on set and eat 2 gigantic platefuls! (Good job it wasn't a topless shoot thats for sure) One thing that made this shoot even better and certainly brought me closer to the crew was that a friend of mine knew the whole crew! I mentioned his name and all of a sudden you get that little connection with people. Everything helps and the atmosphere on set got even more light hearted.
I then met the girl model, who I had briefly seen at the casting. She was very nice, flown in from Germany for the shoot, but the one thing about her was that she was very very tall! Now those of you who know me, have met me, will know I'm not exactly tall. I'm certainly not small, but my height is just under 6ft. So when you have a girl who in flats is 6ft and is wearing 2-3 inch heals, I actually feel like a midget! ha ha. But all good again, just tried to forget about it and practice standing on my tip toes!!! ha ha.

My part in the shoot started and I was shot at different angles turning up to my pretend girlfriends door. Reactions in my face shot time and time again. Next came the water bombs being thrown at me. The girl model quite enjoyed this bit as she was told to really chuck it hard at me. It had to be natural, so I literally had no time to react to it as was stood just a matter of feet away from her. There were many shots taken of this but amazingly I didn't get wet once! Thats some skill for you believe me ha ha. After a couple more angles of this I was done for the day! Very short, but I certainly wasn't complaining one bit.


All in all a very good shoot and a very enjoyable days work with some great people too. That's now 2 commercials this year and really hoping more will follow as well. Much more fun and much better paid as well!!!!! :-)

Thanks to all of you who continually check my blog out. Your support as always is greatly appreciated

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Contact Lens Job - Amazing how its shot

Shipwrecked - where it all began

Working on ITV Jackpot247