LOS ANGELES, USA - The Adventure Continues

Hey,

I’m writing to you all the way from Los Angeles! How my life changes around so much is crazy!

So after the adventures of Bud House and meeting the girl of my dreams in Natela over in South Africa, I decided that I couldn’t be without her and to move over to the states and live with her over here. The words brave, crazy, insane, ballsy, were all used by friends and family over my move, but I did not want to live life with any regrets. I worked near enough nonstop when I was back from a little break in Ibiza with friends after Bud House. I wanted to get as much money together so I could enjoy my time in LA, because who knows what will happen and how long I will be here for.

One thing about my life is that I never know what’s round the corner and going to happen next. Sometimes this can be a negative, as it often will give me a huge sense of instability, which can be hard to cope with. But on the positive side and the side that I look too, it is so exciting! The unknown. The fact I never know what I will be doing from week to week or month to month. My life could and does often change in a day, in a phone call, in an experience, its just the way it is. Work is exactly the same. One big job to come through wherever I am can be completely life changing. That’s often why so many people stick in the industry just waiting for their big break to come. Some people wait a matter of weeks, some a matter of years and many a matter of decades for that break.

Now I never get personal in my Blog posts, as the idea of this blog is to just tell people about my life in the modelling and TV industry and to go into depth about the real side to it away from the bull shit. However, my personal life has never crossed over to my career until now, so I feel it important to talk about it together with my work whilst I’m over here.



Arrival in LA was crazy! Myself and Natela had been waiting 7 weeks for this day to finally arrive and the day had come and here I was in the USA and more importantly here I was with the girl of my dreams. Perfect I thought and I could only think this the whole time I was away from her. This is a huge move for me to be away from home, away from my friends and away from everything I have known for the past however long in my life, even though I had my adventures in between. This was different. This was moving to another country for a girl. A girl I had met in a ridiculous environment in South Africa and in the Bud House. A girl I had only met for about 5-6 weeks. A girl that I knew very little about. A girl that is from a different country. But a girl that I couldn’t be apart from any longer. Natela took over my thoughts in anything and everything I did, when I was in Bud House and when I was back in England after it. I could never get her out of my mind and I knew that I needed to be with her and find out for certain that what I was feeling was real. By doing this, I knew I had to dive into the deep end and move in with her in LA (something I have never ever done in my life). So that’s exactly what I did.

During our time apart some people close to me questioned whether I was making the right choice to move out here, and understandably so. I responded in the same way to all of these questions, “I live my life with no regrets”. It is one of the only philosophical thing that I follow in my life and it has been so important for me over the past 3 to 4 years. I knew deep down that I would regret not having the guts to move out there for potentially the rest of my life. Now, this might sound dramatic and crazy, but I know it would always be something that would continue to lie on my mind, whatever situation I got myself into.

So, here I am in LAX airport and feeling ridiculously nervous about the whole situation, first of all about getting through customs and second of all and of course most importantly seeing Natela again. The whole time we were apart we kept in contact the entire time thanks to technology! What a wonderful thing, skype is, emails, text messages, phone calls and facebook! Yep we went through all necessary devices to keep in regular contact and even though we missed each other greatly, it actually turned out to be a god sent for both of us. It gave us time to get to know each other on a pure platonic level, which meant we got to learn so much about each other and to fall in love with each others personalities, which doesn’t happen very often.

Walking through the airport, tired, nervous, but was so excited to finally see her standing there waiting for me! She looked phenomenal! My heart was beating so fast at this point, but I was finally able to hold her tight and to kiss her beautiful lips. All that waiting and happiness at last that we finally made it to each other.

James

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Contact Lens Job - Amazing how its shot

Shipwrecked - where it all began

Working on ITV Jackpot247